Laziness affects us all. Giving in can ruin us. Overcoming it can define us.
Last night I didn’t feel like going for a run, but I did it anyway. I didn’t feel like writing this blog post, but I did it anyway. After a crazy week all I wanted to do was go to bed, but I didn’t. Why?
Nobody ever got ahead by sitting on their behind.
I have never met a successful person that only worked their dream when they felt like it.
The difference between winners and losers is that winners get up and do the work. Both feel like slacking off. But the winners fight the laziness and do it anyway. The losers give in.
This is something we all fight, no matter what the dream is.
• When you get home from work and don’t feel like playing with your kid, do it anyway.
• When you don’t feel like exercising, do it anyway.
• When you don’t feel like tackling that big project at work, do it anyway.
• When you don’t feel like reading your Bible, do it anyway.
• When you would stay up late watching TV than working on your dream, do it anyway.
• When you need to do an assignment but your friends are pushing you to go out, do it anyway.
• When you would rather watch TV than talk to your spouse, do it anyway.
You have to be intentional. Success doesn’t come by accident.
Whatever your dream is. Whatever your goal is. Whatever you have set your sights on accomplishing. Don’t give in to the laziness that will inevitably creep in. Be a winner.
The only way to overcome laziness is to do the work anyway.
You will never get ahead while sitting on your behind.
Lazy people want much but get little, but those who work hard will prosper.
– Proverbs 13:4
Where have you struggle with laziness? What has helped you overcome it?